Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's all becoming clear, and then distorted.

For the last month or so I've been reading Beth Hommel's blog quite a lot. For those of you who don't know, Beth is the assistant to Amanda Palmer, of The Dresden Dolls fame, and is quite an amazing lady. Her spirituality and outlook on life has gotten me back into questioning the universe and my fate in it. I've finally started taking events that have happened to me to mean more than just face value. The universe has been trying to tell me things, but I refused to listen.
So on Thursday morning when I got into a bike accident fucking up my now gnarly knee, I started thinking "Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. Maybe I'm suppose to slow down." I kinda brushed it off like it was no big deal, that I was going to keep on going. The next day, I got sick. I was definitely listening to the universe now. I'm trying to take it slow now. Maybe if I hadn't been rushing from IV to my discussion class, I wouldn't have gotten into an accident. If I hadn't kept going without looking at the signs, maybe I wouldn't have gotten sick. I want to keep my rational, self-driven, crazy self, while incorporating some spirituality and larger than life ideas. I love moving at the speed of light, but maybe once in a while I need to take the scenic route.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish that i would have known what you know when i was your age.

Taylor H. said...

Thanks, I do what I can to be amusing.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus